Circumnavigating the world through Human Power while connecting different societies, civilizations and landscapes.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the road to recovery!

A quick update...

I went yesterday to the back surgeon office to get the stitches taken out of my brand new spankin' 20 cms zipper... and found out that statistically, if anyone falls from a height any greater than 1.5 times his/her height, the chances of the survival are only 50%.

That would have been 9 feet for me and in fact I fell 15....
It feels good to know that someone somewhere is obviously watching out for me... ;-)

I still have to wear my turtle shell for the next 2 to 2.5 months and should be able to start physical therapy in March to regain muscle mass as well as adapt my body differently so that the discs in my back can support efficiently the additional weight of the screws and wire.

I am still counting on full recovery and therefore will follow the required precautions accordingly during this recovery phase.

Til later...

2 comments:

DARTvg said...

Dimitri...sorry to hear about your accident and Jen and I are very happy to hear you are OK. We hope to see you soon and hear some extreme roof cleaning stories.
Cheers-RVG

bastien said...

je suis de tout coeur avec vous dans votre retablissement.

j'espere que ca va mieux, et je souhaite que tout rentre comme avant.

all the best