Circumnavigating the world through Human Power while connecting different societies, civilizations and landscapes.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Nexus Expedition in Saudi Arabia (لعَرَبِيَّة‎‎/English version)















To whom it may concern in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:

My name is Dimitri Bernard Kieffer
I am a French and American citizen and I am currently in the midst of a human powered expedition around the world which I started in Anchorage, Alaska, USA in February 2005, progressing intermittently, according to local visa restrictions and weather conditions.

I have covered so far 21,807 kilometers (13, 550 miles) from Anchorage, Alaska to Ruweis (United Arab Emirates).
At first, trekking, swimming, skiing and rowing across Alaska, the Bering Strait and Chukotka (Russia). Then cycling through Far Eastern Russia, Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Oman and United Arab Emirates.

I plan to enter Saudi Arabia around January 27th 2017 through the border crossing of Al Sila’a (United Arab Emirates) - Al Bat’ha (Saudi Arabia).
I have been granted a 40 days transit visa by the Saudi consul in Abu Dhabi (UAE).

In Al Bat’ha, I plan to cycle approximately 2000 kms through the towns and cities of
Riyadh, Tuwaiq, Shaqra, Buraydah, Tabuk, Halat Ammar.

In Halat Ammar, I will pass the Mudwara border crossing to enter the Kingdom of Jordan, for which I already have a Jordanian visa that I received at the Jordanian consulate in Abu Dhabi (UAE).

I apologize that I am not able to better communicate in your language. Nevertheless, I hope that we will be able to understand each other! Thank you in advance for your hospitality and your kind support!

Dimitri Bernard Kieffer
Nexus Expedition

No comments: