Circumnavigating the world through Human Power while connecting different societies, civilizations and landscapes.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Spring 2011 Written and TV interviews



While we are currently coordinating the logistics to assure our return in Far Eastern Russia this next month (early Aug 2011), I wanted to update you on the following matters:

I have added to the page ”Plans for Summer 2011 Route”, links on videos and written reports that have been sent to me by bicyclists, hitchhikers and motorcyclists who have been or planning to be on a similar route.
Hopefully, we might be able to meet some of these fellow travelers on the route!


On a separate note, here is a quick compilation of some of the Nexus Expedition interviews that have been published over the last few months.

Seattle Times interview - June 2011
An overall summary on what did the "Missing Link" entail.


Polar Explorersweb interview – June 2011 (Part 1)
Polar Explorersweb interview – June 2011 (Part 2) (subscriber content)
Polar Explorersweb interview - July 2011 (Part 3) (subscriber content)
Polar Explorersweb interview - July 2011 (Part 4) (subscriber content)


In these articles, amongst other matters, I explain in depth what I believe I have learned over the last few years from the people I have come across on Russian land while pulling my sled:
Chukchis, Koryaks, Evens, Yakuts, white Russians and my expedition partners.

Sharing a slice of life with Koryak Vova in Tavatum, Magadanskaya Oblast


AskYakutia.com – May 2011
In this article, I explain what route I took for the benefit of any other future potential travellers/expeditionists in the region.

Magadan - Russia 1 TV interview – March 2011

Seattle Magazine – Feb 2011
“Closet Nerd” - On the more amusing side, one can never completely escape his past…

If you want to see a more comprehensive list of older press reports, written, radio and video interviews, scroll down on the main screen of Nexus Expeditions homepage and look on the left side for the section called “Video/Radio/Printed Press”.

For video footage and video interviews, feel free to check the page “Expedition Videos”.

Cheers!

No comments: