Circumnavigating the world through Human Power while connecting different societies, civilizations and landscapes.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Done with the Missing Link!




The Missing Link
Недостающее звено


As I mentioned in my last post, I am delighted to tell you all that I have completed what I call the "Missing Link"!

5228 kms (3249 miles) from Knik Lake near Anchorage, Alaska, USA to Omsukchan, Russia which I have accomplished over the course of 6 winters (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011) while trekking, snowshoeing, skiing, swimming and even sledding in a few downhills!
2951kms (1834 miles) on Russian territory since I have landed in Uelen.

The "roadless" section from Anchorage, Alaska, USA to Omsukchan, Magasdanskaya Oblast, Russia represents indeed a "Missing link" in the chain of asphalt, gravel and dirt roads which connects the American continents with the Asian, European and African continents,going from Tierra del Fuego at the southern tip of the Americas to Capetown at the bottom of South Africa!



On my way to Tavatum Hot Springs, Magadanskaya Oblast, April 2011

Now that I have finally come to a dirt/gravel road, I am definitely planning to return in August 2011 to Omsukchan and start bicycling westward!

No comments: