Circumnavigating the world through Human Power while connecting different societies, civilizations and landscapes.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Green light to enter Chukotka !

Yes, it is true, and I have confirmed that it is indeed NOT an April’s fool joke!

I have just received this morning all of the remaining documents that I needed to be able to proceed through Chukotka and as you can imagine I am quite excited about this.

Before anything else, I want to take the opportunity thank the local government of Chukotka for giving me the opportunity to continue my expedition through their beautiful region.

At this stage, I am now finalizing my logistics and especially booking my Seattle-Anchorage-Nome-Anadyr-Egvekinot flights, which I could not have done any sooner not knowing when the permission will be granted.

The airline Bering Air operates usually a weekly flight from Nome, Alaska to Anadyr, Chukotka, Russia on behalf of a Russo-Canadian gold mining company.
They tend to prioritize their employees and gear but hopefully, I will be able to get on this Nome-Anadyr flight in the very near future.

The other flying routes via South Korea, Japan, Magadan, Khabarovsk, etc... are not any simpler and may require additional permits, which I am not really keen on fetching at this stage, as you can imagine.

Once again, I am very glad that the paper work has been finalized and I can’t hardly wait to get reunited with my sled in Egvekinot !

1 comment:

Michmas said...

Congratulations and best of luck!